Monday, December 2, 2013

There and back again

Hola Hola!!!

Well, you will never guess where I am... Florence!!! Yep, I'm back. Who woulda thunk??? Not me that's for sure! I was literally shocked when I saw my name and picture pop up in Florence, Alabama again. This was my last guess of where I was going next. I can't even describe to you all of the emotions that were running through me on transfers day, and frankly, I'm still not so sure how I feel about it ;) But I'm here. The Lord knows why and so I'm just along for the ride. I'm excited to be back, I already know the area, I know the ward, the only part that kind of stinks is that we all know there aren't many Spanish people here :( I was hoping to be put down in Birmingham in one of the branches there, but I think this might be my last area. If that's so, I will have spent 8 months in Florence, Al on my mission. CRAZY! I was a little frustrated the first day because honestly, I love this area, but I think I like my other areas better... I know, that's horrible to say. I just miss me my Hispanos! Oh well, the Lord knows best and I know I got people to serve here and I can already feel the Lord working through me to love the people and area as he does. 

So first part of the week was in Corinth still. We had fun. I tried to visit as many people as I could to say goodbye. Shay's baptismal date had to be moved a week because apparently she didn't come to church yesterday. I was sad to say goodbye to her. Rey was sad to see me go. I told him I'd come back for his baptism... when he finally decides to be baptized :p Jesus is being dumb as usual, but he told me we all have to move on and God has a plan for each of us (yea he can be deep sometimes). The worst part was saying goodbye to our boys though (Denise' kids). I'll send pictures of them eventually. They're the cutest! We had a sleepover on Tuesday night. Sister Barroso is awesome. She's going to do some amazing things here. She really doesn't understand how awesome she really is. She really mostly trained me :) anyways, the crazy thing is that we just switched companions with the Florence sisters. I'm now with Hermana Klein in Florence and her companion Hermana Stevens went to Corinth. We're in the same zone so I'm sure will see each other ever now and then.

Thanksgiving was awesome! We played Turkey ball in the morning with some of the ward. Everyone is super surprised to see me back. Some don't remember me :) Which is fine. Then we went to and old black lady in the ward, Sister Rhodes (same lady I ate Thanksgiving last year.) She has like a tradition where she invites the missionaries every year. She is super sweet and the first thing  she says when I walk in is, "My baby's back!" haha, she's great. Then we ate desserts at the Kelley's and another dinner at the Mezas... Suffice it to say, we ate a lot. Everyone keeps feeding us too! Florence will be the death of me.

A member of the bishopbric took us to this cool wall thing this week. Some old man made a wall all made out of rocks and stones in tribute to his great great grandma who was an indian on the trail of tears. It was pretty cool. We helped some member decorate their christmas tree (yay!) and actually watched some of the game. Gasp! I know right, but we figured we weren't going to get anything done around here when the iron bowl is on. So we went over to an investigators and ate treats. We got a new investigator out of it. Woot! Seriously though, wasn't that last 1 second crazy! Not that it matters. Alabama-none, but God is still winning!

We went to FHE last night with the YSA's (which is more like the ysa's and the young married couples). That was fun. We played catch phrase. Best quote of the night was from Elder Reese. "Naughty wolf but domesticated." (his word was bad dog). We had an investigator come to which is even more awesome. Good things are happening here. I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store here :) Now if we can just find where all of the Latinos are hiding :) Still haven't seen Jose Luis because we have been super busy, but that is next on the list! apparently he's started to go all Less active. Not acceptable!

Spiritual thought. I was reading in sacrament on Sunday (which by the way we had 3 investigators there) and came across 3 Nephi 18

 19 Therefore ye must always pray unto the Father in my name;

 20 And awhatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you.

 21 aPray in your families unto the Father, always in my name, that your wives and your children may be blessed.

 22 And behold, ye shall ameet together oft; and ye shall not forbid any man from coming unto you when ye shall meet together, but suffer them that they may come unto you and forbid them not;

 23 But ye shall apray for them, and shall not cast them out; and if it so be that they come unto you oft ye shall pray for them unto the Father, in my name.

 24 Therefore, hold up your alight that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the blight which ye shall hold up—that which ye have seen me do. Behold ye see that I have prayed unto the Father, and ye all have witnessed.

 25 And ye see that I have commanded that anone of you should go away, but rather have commanded that ye should come unto me, that ye might bfeel and see; even so shall ye do unto the world; and whosoever breaketh this commandment suffereth himself to be led into temptation.

First off, prayer. We are commanded always to pray. And ANYTHING we ask the father in Christ's name, if it is RIGHT, he will give it to us. Awesome. Pray in families. Of course. Second, it talks about church, meeting together oft and not forbidding ANYONE. We get some crazy investigators to come sometimes :) And then I love that it says to pray for them! It kind of goes along with that talk in Conference about the Lords game plan. We as missionaries need your prayers, but more importantly, our investigators do. Learn their names and pray for our investigators please. And then we are to be that example by holding up that light and representing Christ. We invite all to do just as Christ did, to come and feel and see. Experience it for self. To gain a personal testimony. I just love the Book of Mormon :D And the power of prayer

Love you all!!!! I hope Sheky got my card. Serph, your pictures are awesome! My companion just laughed when she saw them :) 

Love, Hermana Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment