Monday, November 25, 2013

Transfers!

Hola Hola!!!!

So guess who's getting transfered again? Yep, that would be me. Sad
day! I just love this cute little town of Corinth :( You think that
eventually you would get used to being moved around so much, but you
really don't. Anyways, it stinks but at the same time I am excited for
the change and for the opportunity to serve more of Gods children
somewhere else! Guess who doesn't have to train though? :) Woot! No,
I'm just kidding. I love training a lot. I was kind of surprised
actually that I'm not training considering the length of time I have
left... (We wont go into that). Not saying like, I SHOULD be training,
that's just usually how they send people out. Yo no se. I'm excited to
find out Wednesday though. I will miss my dear dear companion Sister
Barroso. We decided we are getting seperated because we like each
other too much. If we pretended we hated each other we would be for
sure staying together!

This week has been somewhat uneventful besides transfer calls. Nobody
came to church this Sunday :( Rey said he would have come but for some
reason he was in Alabama. Jesus... well, I'm not quite sure what to
say about him. He's being weird. He won't meet with us because he says
it's too cold outside (which is mostly true) and he won't meet us in
his apartment with a member because he says he doesn't want to bother
his roommates. He won't meet us at a local establishment either
because we will talk about church... well duh! I think he's a little
embarrased. I still love his little mexican guts, but we aren't going
to move forward if he won't meet with us! He's still the funny old
Jesus when we talk with him, so I'm just uber confused.

Shay on the other hand is doing fantastic! I love her to pieces! She
is so amazing and I just love teaching her because she just gets it!
Sister Barroso testified to her yesterday in the name of Jesus Christ,
and Shay was like, "That felt good." We asked her what she thought
that was and she was like, "The spirit." She is progressing towards
baptism, we are just working with her on the Word of Wisdom. Patience
is essential when it comes to that. She really needs prayers.

We also have another baptismal date for the 14th of December. Her name
is Vexti and we met her a couple of weeks ago but just haven't been
able to catch her at home. One night we had about 20 minutes left so
we decided to try her again and she was there! We taught the first
lesson and she accepted it really well! She asked some really good
questions and she seems really open. I hope all goes well with her in
the future.

I mentioned last week that we found out one of our investigators,
Juanita, is a member from way back when. She is so loving! Her family
is basically living like a mormon family they just go to the Catholic
church. We found out this week that she loves the Book of Mormon
though. She used to read it when she was little and she said it made
all of her problems go away :) So we've decided to really focus on
that with her family so that they can build that strong testimony of
the Libro de Mormon and then we can help them get to church.

Other things from this week: We helped the Huntings clean out what
they call "The Dooms day room". Taught our good ol' old folks :) I
love old people. Freezed. Apparently one of our days here was colder
than Idaho. Oh! I also recieved my "Do not get trunky" letter. It's
not really called that we just call it that because that is basically
what it says. Every missionary gets one before the beginning of their
last two transfers.

Life is good! I'm excited for Thanksgiving eventhough I have no idea
what I will be doing. (Here's to hoping I get transferred to another
spanish branch!) I am so grateful for this work. Words cannot even
describe how grateful I am for this mission and for the people that I
have met and for their examples and love. I am grateful for this
gospel! For the hope and joy it brings. I am eternally grateful for
the atonement of Jesus Christ. I wouldn't be where I am with out it.
And of course I am grateful for my wonderful and beautiful family!

Mucho amor!!!

Love, Hermana Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment