Monday, December 16, 2013

Happy happy happy!

Hey y'all!
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for Christmas! I think I have been listening to Christmas music since June or something ;) We took our Christmas pictures and we have our little christmas tree and wreath. Members are already starting to get us some Christmas presents. Bah! I just love being a missionary at this time of year. I'm already so happy to just be a missionary, but add a bit of Christmas to it and it's like... too much happiness :D
This week has been great! There are so many good things happening here! We got to go to the temple on Thursday. I absolutely love the temple. I could just sit in there forever! I'm especially grateful for all of the temple workers who take the time out of their schedules to come to all 6 or so temple sessions that we do as missionaries. They drive long and far to come help us out. Sitting in the celestial room and just looking at all of the wonderful missionaries all around I couldn't help but tear up. All these Elders and Sisters are just awesome and each have given up so much to be here. I feel honored to be serving here with each of them. So many wonderful "kids" (because that's what we are) who would put aside everything for 18 months to 2 years to serve the Lord. It just has to be true!!! Bah! too much happiness and love :D I also got the chance to see Hermana Hazelgren and Hermana Barroso at the temple so that was an extra bonus! I have made some amazing friends out here.
Bethany got engaged! Woot! We called Joe last night because we wanted to go visit them and he was like, "yea, that's fine, but only for a bit because we are heading to Huntsville." Then we talked to him about how he needs to propose so that Bethany can get baptized and he was like, "yea sure." Typical boy response. Well we get there about 10 minutes later and within that time period he proposed! We're not quite sure if he did it before or after we called, but we're just excited for them and she is so happy :) So now we're planning a wedding. Sweet! Which it just so happens that Sister Klein was engaged before she came out so she has already done all the planning and knows what we need to get done. We decided she only got engaged to help Joe and Bethany ;)
We saw Celia a few times this week. She is just amazing. So prepared. She is like the sweetest little thing ever. We love her :) Everyone thinks that she is another sister missionary we are dragging along when she is with us because she already looks like a mormon. We told her that she just needs to be baptized so she can stop trying to explain to everyone that she isn't a member yet. Honestly, we just think that she is scared. It's a big step to make in life! She'll be baptized eventually. She's home right now in Madison with her mom so we are trying to send the sisters over there to visit her.
Our miracle, Pam, got a hold of some anti... blah! I hate hate. Why are people so hateful. She agreed to let us come over eventually so we can answer some questions... but we went over yesterday and didn't answer the door even though she was obviously there.
Our theme for this month is "Book of Mormon Month". Woot! I'm so excited :) We have already made a plan to flood the world with the Book of Mormon. We are just going to give everyone one. We gave one to the bug guy the other morning and then we gave one to the gas station lady. YES! We would be giving out more, but our supply is limited. So until the Zone Leaders give us some more, we're fresh out. Que en el mundo! Missionaries without copies of the Book of Mormon? Yea I know.
Sister Klein and I get along great! She is amazing. I love getting to learn something different from each of my companions. She is definitely a bold one, but she just loves the people we serve. We're still getting used to each others teachings styles and those little technical things that just need some practice to get used to. I can tell she is used to taking the lead, which is totally fine, until I want to talk ;) She's from Queen Creek actually! She says she doesn't know Grams or Gramps though. President told me he is going to have to let me know sometime why he felt impressed to send me back here to Florence, so I will let you know how that goes.

Everything is great here! I can't even express to you all how much happiness and love I feel being here. It's not anything that words can describe. You'll just have to experience it for yourselves! :) Go out and bring someone closer to Christ today. As you do that, you will feel closer to Christ. And be happy!! :)   

Love y'all mucho mucho!!!!!!
Love, Hermana Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment