Monday, December 30, 2013

Faith!!

Hey!

You know what? Life is good :) I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!! Seriously though, this is the best thing ever! I want to share with you some awesome thing that I learned this week. So I have been studying a lot about Faith recently. It's going to be really hard to explain all that was going through my mind, but I will try ;) So I totally understand the Faith in Jesus Christ thing. I feel like I have pretty strong faith in Jesus Christ and in his atonement, but I have been thinking lately about faith and miracles and how faith leads to miracles. I understand the concept, it's just the doing it part that is hard for me to get. Like, the fact that I can have so much faith that God is going to help us get a baptism this weekend, but if it isn't in his plan, it isn't going to happen (experienced that firsthand :) ).Well then I'm thinking, we have to have faith that God COULD do it, the question is WILL he. Which brings me to Elder Bednar's talk when he talked about "Do you have faith NOT to be healed.." So then I'm just all confused because really, what's the point in having faith in something that is going to happen if it's not in God's plan anyways. BUT! Me being all confused about this for a couple of months, I was reading in Alma the other day and came across chapter 37 verse 40.
 "And it did work for them according to their faith in God; therefore, if they had faith to believe that God could cause that those spindles should point the way they should go, behold, it was done; therefore they had this miracle, and also many other miracles wrought by the power of God, day by day."
I don't know if this completely answers my question, but it brought some peace of mind for me :) What I got out of it was, they had faith in one little thing, that God COULD move that spindle. Just starting with that, nothing else, not even that it would point in the right direction, or that it would bring them to the promised land, or he would provide the way to get there. I'm sure they had faith in that, but it all started with that God could move that spindle. THAT was the miracle, and then more came EVERY DAY! So, I realized that I was making it more difficult than it needed to be. I need to focus in my own "spindles". The simple things, like reading the scriptures, obeying the rules, those bring miracles. God has promised that. The bigger miracles will follow. Anyways, I don't know if that makes any sense but it blew my mind! :)  

So, enough of that. Our week was amazing! We did much better this week than last and saw some great miracles. We have been joking all week that our investigator Celia (who's in Madison right now) was going to text us and say, "Hey, btw I want to be baptized!" It was mostly a joke, but we both kind of were hoping it would happen. Well on Saturday, guess what she texted us?! "I'm actually texting to tell you guys that I would like to be baptized :)" Best text ever! I think so!! Who knew a text would bring me so much joy. So Celia is getting baptized!!! On January 25th so that her aunt (who's a member) can fly in and see it. We are pretty happy missionaries :D Plus we had 6 investigators at church and 3 with a baptismal date. Things are good. Life is good.

Not much else is going on. We find out about transfers on Saturday, so I'll let you know how that goes next week. I hope you all have an amazing new year! I will be fast asleep in my little bed while y'all are partying :) Miss you! Love you!

Love, Hermana Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment