Monday, January 6, 2014

Olo!!

Hola hola!!!!
Guess what! :) I'm being transferred!!! Once again I am headed to one last new area. I'm super excited but at the same time, I will really miss the people here in Florence. It's so crazy how quickly you fall in love with the people that you serve. I've only been here for 6 weeks (well minus the 5 months about a year ago) but I've met a bunch of new people and I feel such love and hope for them. But! I am so grateful for an opportunity to meet more people and grow to love them just the same! We have been speculating, and we think I might be headed down to Lorna, one of the Spanish branches near Birmingham. I told President I would love to serve in a Spanish area again, so maybe he took that into consideration. Plus, I emailed Hermana Child today, who is serving down there as one of the Sister Training leaders, and she says that she thinks I'm moving there too because one of the Sisters there is being transferred. I really don't care where the Lord sends me, I know wherever it is I will love it! :) I already had a chance to serve in a branch anyways, so I would love to let some other sisters have the opportunity. (still, the selfish part of me wants to be moved down there ;) ).
The weather here is FREEZING. Literally. We had a cold front move in and today's high is 15 degrees. The wind chill should get us around negative 10. Awesome. I just feel bad for the poor elders who don't have a car. We are trying to take care of them the best we can by finding them rides, but there is only so much we can do. They're just little boys ;) They are awesome! Just sometimes need someone to take care of them ;)
I got some spectacular, awesome, amazing, tremendous, marvelous, and wonderful news :) We had a baptism on Friday!! Alex was baptized. I guess I haven't really talked about him very much, but it's mostly because we haven't really been teaching him specifically, but his sister. When I first got here he had a baptismal date, but freaked out last minute when we were planning his baptism and told us to leave him alone. We've seen him off and on because we visit his sister Claudia and he's been there when we were teaching her. On Thursday though, we were over at their house and he said that he wanted to be baptized (which he has been saying for a while) but we didn't want a repeat of last time, so we told him he has to be really serious this time.  On Thursday we told him, "Whenever you want to be baptized we will make it happen," and he said, "Well I'm off tomorrow". So, we made it happen :) It was great. Not a really good turnout at the service, but it was last minute. I'm really excited for him. I know if he wants to he will be a great help to his family in bringing them to baptism. His sister and her 9 year old daughter and his other 9 year old sister have baptismal dates for the end of this month. It would be amazing if he could baptize them. BAh! I just love this gospel so much. I love seeing the miracles that come from it :)
Anyways, that's about it from this side of the world ;) Life is good. Life is great. I love it! I hope all is well with each of you! Thank you so much for your prayers and love. I will be sending some your way!

Love, Hermana Decker
P.S. Here's the quote of the week from my lovely companion:
"Who wears the pants in this relationship?" -Me
"We both do! They're double sized." - Sister Klein

No comments:

Post a Comment