Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas!

Well, I'll keep this letter short and sweet since I will be talking to y'all in a couple day!!! Life is good here :) No complaints... except  for maybe the weather. We have the most bipolar weather if I've ever seen it. I'm not going to complain that it is cold because I know we're not nearly as cold as Grandma and Grandpa. About two days ago we hit a record of the high 70's which was awesome, and then a storm came through the other night and we've dropped back down to high 30's. Que en el mundo! But whatever it's fine :) Except for the fluctuation is making me feel a bit under the weather.

We had our Mission Christmas party this week. It was SOOO fun! Our zone teamed up with the two Bessemer zones and we had dinner, a talent show, devotional, and a movie, Ephraim's rescue (Which is really good by the way, if you haven't seen it.) It was nice to kind of sit back and relax for a few hours. It was pretty much a whole day event because it takes about 2 and a half hours to drive down there and then it was 5-6 hours. It was great to see all of the missionaries there :) I was in two parts of the talent show, not because I have any talent, but I'm good at going along with things :) We did a district talent and then us and the Corinth sisters did a talent. They were just little skit things. I am so grateful for President and Sister Hanks and for all the hard work they put in to taking care of us. They're amazing.

President pulled me aside while we were down there to talk to me (that's always a bit nerve racking!). He told me why I am in Florence. Basically he said it was an emergency transfer, he wasn't planning on moving us, but because of something that went down (still not sure what) he had to transfer somebody in and he couldn't move anybody else because they were all locked in so he picked me. So I should still be in Corinth... except for not, because I know everything happens for a reason :) He said he trusts me so he put me here. Anyways, that's why I'm here! A part of me wishes I knew what happened, but honestly it doesn't really matter. Sister Klein says she doesn't know either so it must have had to do something with her previous companion. President also told me that he feels like I have earned the right to pick if I stay or go next transfer... Bah! I hate making decisions! But, I have been praying about it and I think I'm going to tell him that I would love to experience somewhere else (preferably with more Spanish people) but I will go wherever works best for him and the Lord.

I'll fill y'all in with everything else that is going on on Christmas! We can skype whenever, so I'm thinking probably in the afternoon sometime. What time is Brayden calling/skyping and maybe we can try to do it around the same time!

Mucho amor!!!!!!

Love, Hermana Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment