Monday, December 31, 2012

Feliz Año Nuevo!!!!... almost

Buenos Dias!!!
It has been a great week here in Alabama :) First things first. Muchas Gracias for the Christmas present!!! I finally got it on Friday and I nearly cried it was so amazing. Thank you so much for all of your wonderful testimonies. I feel so blessed to have so many people who love me out there :) and it gets me excited for the work to help all others to have the same happiness that I have. And it was great to talk to my beautiful family on Tuesday!!!! and to top it all off JOSE LUIS GOT BAPTIZED!!!! It was a great week :) I have seen a tremendous change in Jose Luis" countenance as we have continued to work with him and I have never seen him as happy as he was after his baptism. I am excited for his membership in the church. He is going to be a great member.
Anywho, Christmas was great. I ate a lot! too much! We had a sleep over in the living room on Christms eve and on Christmas and watched our churched approved christmas movies like Mr. Krugers Christmas and Joy to the World. The members here in Huntsville were so nice and welcoming so all and all, it was a good Christmas. It was hard to get back into the groove of working afterwards, especially because it was FREEZING on Wednesday. It was snowing... and we had to go and tract. It's all well though :) We were hardly outside once we got a ride from a member. Oh! and we have been riding our bikes a lot here and I have had 6 flats so far... I'm pretty sure that's a new record for a week. The elders were a great help though in attempting to fix them all... even if they exploded a few of the tubes ;) Needless to say it has been an interesting week. I found out this morning I am going to be staying in Florence this next tranfer with Hermana Belford!!! I am excited to be working there with the amazing ward and my awesome companion. That means I still won't be working with many spanish people but we are searching them out :) I did get the opportunity to go to the spanish branch here in Huntsville. It was a great experience. I loved it, even if I didn't understand everything that was going on... ;)
By the way, to answer mom's question about playing the piano here, I don't really get the opportunity to do it in my Florence ward, but they definitely needed it in the branch and in other wards and branches. They wanted me to play but.. I really am out of practice... and I was sad because I couldn't help. So Serph and Colby! Learn to play the Hymns!!! You definitely get the opportunity to use your musical talents here on a mission. I don't even sing but Siste r Belford and I sang at Jose Luis' baptism... Sister Belford was Idaho Idol so she has a BEAUTIFUL voice. It was a bit intimidating but I loved the opportunity to sing.. even if it isn't that amazing ;)  
I taught a few spanish lessons here in Huntsville :D one lady said I don't have an american accent but more of like a russian accent. I don't know where that came from but hey! at least I dont sound like an american. I taught a lesson all by myself in spanish! Well it was a less active and he did most of the talking. I just shook my head every once and a while and said "Si" when appropriate. But he was greatful that we came over and he said he loves the missioneras :)
Los Amo Mucho!!!! I miss you all and hope all is going well at home. I'm praying for each of you every day :)
Con Amor -Hermana Decker
P.s. Here's a spanish joke for ya'll
Que hace el pez en el mar???
NADA!!!
And I found a great scripture I relly liked. Moroni 9:6 :) It's because I am working on my dilligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment