Monday, December 17, 2012

Hola Hola

Buenas Tardes!!!

Hello Hello!! Can I just tell ya'll how grateful I am for this time of year! Christmas really does bring out a great spirit in the air. People are more likely to let us into their home this Holiday season and most people, at least down here in the south, love that we talk about the birth of Christ. There are nativity scenes everywhere! It is great!! Can't take the Jesus out of the South... if only they all knew the whole story of Jesus!! But I guess that's why we are here right? :)

I feel like my heart has grown tremendously here on this mission. I have never felt so much love for people I hardly know in my whole life. And I love the people I already love 10 times more. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and his love. I pray every night that I can learn to love people as much as he does and I know since I am living a better life his love can more effectively touch my heart so I can show it to others. If I can just let others feel how much love I feel from the Lord then that's good enough for me.

Today has been an amazing week even with the tragedy. It is so sad that there are people that wicked in the world. I can't even imagine what those families are going through... It is a horrible thing but I am so grateful mom for the stories of Heroism that you sent me. Made me cry just sitting here reading them. I wish people would pay attention to the good in the world instead of all of the bad. We can take comfort in the fact that God has a plan for us and that death is not the end and judgement will come to the wicked. 

We had the opportunity to go to the Temple this Thursday. I love the temple and learn something new every time I'm there. I had the opportunity to reflect on where I was and who I am becoming. I still have a long way to go but I have seen the effects of the Gospel and the Atonement in my life already.

Tuesday we went tracting and it was FREEZING! My feet where to numb to even walk so Sister Belford told me I was waddling like a penguin. Hopefully I can get boots today so my feet don't fall off. Just a small sacrifice for the Lord I guess :) Keep moving forward. On Wednesday we had District meeting and on the way there I hit a curb and popped the tire... I didn't feel so bad since Sister Albright had popped a tire there a few months ago as well. Some nice man came and helped us put on the spare. Guess he felt bad for a bunch of girls in skirts trying to figure it out.  We've been teaching a lot more spanish people which is great! I love all of them, they are all so loving. Jose Luis, one of our investigators from our one spanish family, finally picked his baptismal date!!!! :D It's the 28th of this month so we hope he pulls through with it. He really is a great guy he just wants to know for sure before he throws himself into anything. Sister Albright left this week. It was actually pretty sad. She is now home in Maryland. We were all sad to see her go but know she is off to more great things :) She is an amazing missionary and I learned a lot from her.

Well that's pretty much it for the week. I'm loving every moment out here even in the hard times. Sometimes your so tired you don't even want to talk, but the Lord provides a way :) Love you all!!! Miss you all!!!! I will see you soon!

Con Amor, Hermana Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment