Monday, January 7, 2013

Hey Yall!!!

Hola Hola!!!

Como estan??? Everything is going great here in the beautiful state of Alabama. The big game is on tonight (Alabama vs Notre Dame... is that how you spell it??) anyways, so president told us if we wanted to we can switch our preparation day around so that we aren't going out tonight, but earlier in the day. So that's what were doing. We're going out for three hours this afternoon and then coming back. You really can't mess with football hours down here, nobody will even let us in the door unless we are coming to watch the game. President must have let us do that because he's worried about to many elders watching the game. Anywho, enough about football. 

Well I made it back to Florence :D Its great to be back where I'm familiar with and with the people I love. Wednesday we had transfers. Technically Sister Belford and I were just exchanging back and not getting transfered so we weren't allowed to stay for the meeting. We went to see some spanish people in Birmingham instead since sister belford worked down there for 10 months. Then we had to go back and pick up the Russelville sisters to bring them back to Florence. Sister Epina left us, but sister smith is with us now. She came to Alabama at the same time Sister Leifson and I did so Sister Leifson and Sister Smith are both pretty new to the mission working together. President must not trust me enough to let me go with a newbie yet. So far every transfer somebody has died (or gone home) with me. First sister Intriago, then I was with Sister Gehrig and not Sister Belford is dying at the end of this transfer. Apparently I just kill everyone off. After Transfers we went with some of the Elders to this Mexican buffet (yea apparently they exist). As we are all eating, and there are 6 of us, one of the workers there comes up and says a man who just left payed for us... the tender mercies of the Lord :)

I got to see Jose Luis for the first time since his Baptism!! He seems so different, you can just see it in his face. He is so much happier!! It's so great to see the blessings the Gospel can bring to people, I just wish more people would realize it. WE talked to him about the priesthood and he was hesitant but he did ask, "so I'll get to baptize if I receive it?" So I think the fact that he could baptize his family might motivate him. He talked with the Bishop on Sunday and Jose Luis told him he is only learning little by little and the Bishop told him so is everyone. So he is going to be receiving it next week!! :D I think he is sad that there is not a spanish branch around here. He misses a lot of the classes because he just can't understand anyone. We have a translator in sacrament meeting but it's not the same. He is thinking about moving to Huntsville just so he can go to the spanish branch there.

ON Thursday we had a conference call and President talked about the importance of the white handbook and had us read the WHOLE THING in companionship study... that was a lot of spanish reading. but it was great because I saw all of the things i need to improve on. 

I have been eating like crazy ever since I've gotten back. We made dinner with one lady in the ward named Lupe. She is part of the Limon family that is about the only spanish people in our ward. We made sopes and they were delicious! Then Octaviana (Jose Luis' mom) made us food, I don't even know what it was called but it was delicious as well. Spanish people know how to cook! And they LOVE talking about food.

The work is really moving forward. We had 15 new missionaries come in this transfer and that is just the beginning. Next transfer there are supposed to be even more and then march we are getting 8 new spanish sisters alone. Its Crazy!!! I am so excited to see all that happens in the future!

Love you all so so much!! Thank you for all of the support and prayers, I could not do it without ya'll!!! 

Love, Hermana Decker

P.S. Sorry if I haven't written anyone back recently! these past few weeks have been crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment