Monday, January 28, 2013

Talofa!! :D

Hola!!!!

Well everything is just dandy here in Florence Alabama. The sun is shining today which is good. I swear that it just rains ALL the time here! But it's okay :) I'm working on not complaining about silly things. I love the rain ;) 

I had the opportunity this week to go down to Birmingham on Tuesday for a District Leader Training with Sister Leifson who lives with us. They usually invite some of the sisters so that we can be represented or whatever :) Sister Belford says they keep inviting me to those kinds of things because they're preparing me to be a trainer... I think President just likes me ;) Anywho, it was great! I learned a lot and met some more of the Elders from around the mission. I really love the missionaries here!!! They are all so great! All the Elders are just the greatest little brothers. They have such a desire to serve the Lord and really take care of us Sisters. I wish ya'll could just see them all out here in those meetings. It is certainly a sight to see. It gives me comfort that there are good kids out there trying to do what's best.

After the training they just decided to have Sister Leifson and I stay there for an exchange so Sister Leifson went with the Hoover sisters and I went with the Altadena sisters. We were in a trio which was interesting, but it worked out great. They are smack in the middle of Birmingham so they have a lot of Spanish down there and work in a Spanish Branch. They are both such awesome missionaries and I could learn a lot from them, and I did learn a lot from them. They are a little bit quieter then some of the missionaries but I found a power behind everything that they say. They are obedient and they love the people. Both of them have been changed to Spanish, one when she first got here, and the other about 3 transfers in. Their spanish gives me hope for my own ;)

Oh! real quick, funny story... well I thought it was funny, but it might be one of those you have to be there things. Jose Luis works on construction (shocker I know) and his employer hasn't been paying them. He owes Jose Luis like 1500 dollars, which is ridiculous, but anyways, as we leave one night from their trailer I say, "Espero que les pegen!" Which I should have said, "Espero que les pagen." which means, "I hope that they pay ya'll." what I really said means, "I hope that they hit ya'll".... Spanish is a beautiful thing :)

Speaking of Jose Luis, He received the Priesthood on Sunday!!!!! We are super SUPER excited for him :D I hope someday he will have the opportunity to baptize his family :) That would make this mission all worth it. It's been amazing to see his progression and it gives me hope for everybody else.

We have been teaching Anosia, whose from Haiti, and she came to Church on Sunday. That was exciting! :) She loved it and said she is going to make all the kids come next week. She said we can come wake them all up :) The kids are so great, I love them all.

So President Holzapfel took us out to dinner on Saturday night. He was in the area and asked if we could come out with him and his wife. They told us that there are 4 spanish sisters coming out this transfer and 16 in March!!! that's crazy!! As we were talking he basically gave me the option on what I thought would be best for my situation. He said, would it be better if you got transferred to a spanish branch or stay here and train for a transfer and then get transferred.... I told him I didn't know, that I loved the area but needed more spanish practice. Ultimately he said that he thought it would be best if I stayed here and trained for a transfer... so we have a pretty high chance that I will be training next transfer which scares me to death, but I would rather be training my first time in an English ward... Especially since I will be training for the rest of my life!!! It's never set in stone though, things change, so we will wait and see what happens. All I can do is trust in the Lord that whatever happens, happens for a reason :)

I love you all so so so so much!!! Los Quiero Muchisimo!!!! 

Con Amor, Hermana Masey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment