Monday, March 4, 2013

Hola!!!!! :)

Buenos Dias!!! :)

Preparation day's are the best because I get to email ya'll!!!! It really is a high lite of my week :) 

Well this week has been great! We got to go to Tupelo last Monday as I mentioned last time. We ate pizza and hung out with the zone. It was great! We were supposed to play in the park but it was freezing so we ended up going back to the Church. We didn't have a volleyball or a volleyball net so our amazing zone leader Elder Del Francia went out and bought a volleyball for us. We still didn't have a net so we just played without one and imagined it was there. It was definitely a stress reliever. Then we went to Tutti Frutti and got frozen yogurt. 

We went to see the Martinez family that night and brought them dinner. She just lost her father and is having a really hard time. Her little son Landon is absolutely adorable. He and I have this joke that one day I'm going to marry Justin Bieber :) He even drew a picture of it for me. I was blue and Bieber was pink. Haha. 

We ate with a member every day this week! It definitely was an answer to my prayers. We had just switched our credit cards over to another company and I couldn't get the money off my card by the expiration date so I was left with no money and we had to use the rest of Sister Stocks cash... I prayed that we would get fed this week and the Lord definitely came to the rescue there! Thank you wonderful members who listen to the Holy Ghost!!

We have Spanish Elders in our district now. They work in Russelville and they are great. We get to get together every week before District meeting for "Spanish Class" and I was assigned to teach por and para. I still don't really understand all of the usages for those still but, teaching it really does help you learn faster. 

We have had some great lessons with some of the members. Sister Rye is amazing. She goes out with us every week to visit Less Actives. I just love her to pieces because she is a single mother of 3, 2 of which are the craziest little boys I have ever met in my life and she still comes out and helps us. Even begs us to let her come out with us. She is definitely a blessing sent from God :)

The young adults out here are amazing help as well. We have a few recently returned missionaries in our ward and they are so willing to help. They are the best to bring because they know how it all works :) They know sometimes people aren't home and what they should say to people and what should probably not be said. Haha. 

Well. My wonderful companion and I are moving along. Haha. She really is great and I love her to death, but she does tend to want to be right about everything and I've caught her on a few little white lies and it certainly is testing my patience ;) I am learning... a lot! It's funny because I told Sister Belford before I left that I can stand all kinds of people, but the ones who get on my nerves are ones that want to be right about everything and see there way as the only way... God works in mysterious ways :D It's great! Don't get me wrong, she is amazing! Just little kinks here in there that we BOTH have to work on. I pretty much killed her the other night. We were biking all day and I have been used to it because I biked all the time with Sister Belford. When we got home she pretty much passed out on the ground.

We have a lot of younger couples were working with. Becky and Bobby is one of those couples. They have a little boy who is 1 named Jaydon and he is the sweetest. They were supposed to come to church yesterday but Jaydon got sick so they couldn't come :( They are having relationship problems (they're not married) and they are hoping to salvage their relationship for their sons sake and they know the gospel will help. We have high hopes for them :) 

One of our spanish investigators, Gina, likes to call me Nina Becker. She refuses to say sister. Haha. She believes all that we teach her but she doesn't believe in Joseph Smith. With her background all intertwined with people of the Church, I know the Lord has been preparing her. 

Well, sorry that this letter was all everywhere! :) OH!! it snowed this week here! None of it stuck, but everyone freaked out a bit :) Today it is warm though. Getting ready for tornado season :D

I love you all so so so so so much and miss ya'll tons! I hope all is well!

Love, Hermana Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment