Monday, February 18, 2013

HOLA!!!!

Hey everyone!!!

So this week has been crazy! I had to say goodbye to my dearly beloved companion Sister Belford :'( That was a sad moment. I cried. She is SO awesome and I can't wait to see where she goes in life :) I love the mission and how many amazing friendships I have made already. Friends that will last a lifetime. I hate saying goodbye!!! but I guess i best be getting used to it since that's pretty much the mission.

Ya'll probably already saw my new companion from the blog. Sister Stock.  So here's a funny story for ya. Monday night they call us and tell us about transfers and they tell me I will be training and I need to come to the training meeting... So I go and after the meeting one of the Assistants pulls me aside and says I can give him my training material because I will not be training... What! He then told me that he never said I would be training (which is not true and a whole other story) but whatever. It was a relief but a bit dissappointing too. I love the new missionaries and I want to make the same impact on them as Sister Belford did for me. 

Yea so now I got sister Stock. She is sweet and loving and has been out only one transfer less than I have so we are learning together. Let's just say that I will probably learn a lot about myself from this transfer :) Were a bit different in our personalities and she's a bit too sure of herself, But! it's gonna be great... :) Oh the joys of companionships ;) So sad though is that the other sisters are moving out! We thought that they weren't but sure enough we got a call this morning and Elder and Sister May said they would be moving them tomorrow... Sad day :( I will miss Sister Leifson. And sister Nokes is awesome! She's from Riverton! I knew she looked familiar when she got there. Small world mormon world is. But yes, they are moving and I'm sad. God knows best though. I'm sure I have something to learn from all of this.

Okay, so since I didn't get to email much last week. Here's the run down. We have a return missionary in our ward. His name is Toni Meza and he served in the Mesa Arizona mission! He is pretty awesome and is helping us out a TON. I wish he was a girl though, he could take us places... Beggers can't be chosers though! Our dear investigator Anocia left her kids at home alone for three days... the oldest is 15 but  the youngest is 7! Bah! I wish we could council people on their parenting skills. I got a tortilla maker so I have been making tortillas like crazy! (That could explain my gaining 20 pounds). And yes, I did take 3 Benadryls on Friday because we got up to work out at 6 and I meant to take 3 ibuprofen... I was a little bit out of it. I called sister may (the mission nurse) and she says i should be fine but "it will knock ya out!" I made it through the day though! not completely there but i didn't fall asleep :D And yea we met some kids from Eritrea, theyre pretty awesome. The 4 dinners in the row was because sister Belford was going home so the whole ward wanted us over for dinner. That was a pain in my stomach :)

Whoo, sorry that was a brief overview :) So some of our investigators. One is Becky. She is Amazing! the way the spirit testifies to her is that she understands everything we tell her. She just knows it and it is great!  She didn't come to church this Sunday :( so we are going to have to move her baptismal date back and she has to get married to her boyfriend she is living with, which we will bring up when we teach the law of chastity ASAP! She needs the gospel and she knows it.  Jose Luis' little sister Dulce finally committed to a date! March 9th! She is ready. She needs to make this next step in her life, I know it will bless her. She has a fear of the water however, so hopefully we can help her overcome that obstacle with practice :) 

The Spanish is awesome! I guess I know more than I thought I did which is nice. It's easy when you have someone that knows spanish like a native to just sit back and let them say it right. Now I have to say it whether it's wrong or right. I still suck at it though. The worst is on the phone. I can hardly understand anything that goes on there! But! Jose Luis did tell me that my spanish is A LOT better than when I got here. He's awesome. HIs whole family is awesome. His mom, Octaviana prays for ya'll (my family) every time were over there :) His little sister Selena had her birfday yesterday. I adore that little girl, she turned 5. 

Hmm, what else happened this week. I fell off my bike! Yea that was a sight to see. So we pretty much have no miles again so we were going to this Less Actives house at night and the phone rings and i have the brilliant idea to try and answer it... Granted I wouldn't have fallen if my brakes where better, but I pressed the front one a little to hard and totally flipped over my bike. I'm okay though!!!! :) no worries. Thank you guardian angels and my beautiful helmet. I got a nice blue and purple bruise all up my leg though and another on my elbow. It makes a good story I guess :) The best part was that Sister Stock jumped off her bike to come check on me and I still answered the phone as I layed there on the ground under my bike. The work must go on! :)

I am learning a ton! I love it. Even though it's rough sometimes :) I am thinking that there will be a lot of praying this transfer... and probably the next since I know for positive every spanish sister here will be training :) OH! There are spanish Elders in the Russelville ward now too. So we aren't the only spanish in the zone anymore which is awesome. They are awesome too. Our district grew from 6 missionaries to 10 in this transfer :) I'm pretty excited. We have the best elders. Elder Coleman (our district leader) is awesome. 

Gotta run! But I love you all SOOOOOO much and miss you all SOOOOO much!!!!!!!!! 

Love, Hermana Decker

Ps. I hope kate got her card! Sister Belford and I got a good kick out of it :) 

And thanks Padres for the GPS!!!!! I screamed when I got it. Ya'll are life savers!

I can't believe Brayden is leaving soon!!!! That's crazy! Wish I was there for your farewell talk Bray!

No comments:

Post a Comment