Monday, February 25, 2013

Buenos Dias!!!

Good Morning!

I'm emailing early this morning because we get to go to Tupelo Mississippi today to play sports with the whole zone so we had to head out early! 

Wow it has been an interesting week :) Everything is going amazing here I love every minute of this amazing work and I am so excited for it to continue to go forward! So many new missionaries are coming out and the creation of the 50 somewhat new missions! That is pretty exciting. Can I just say that I absolutely love the missionaries out here. They are all pretty amazing. I love seeing all of my peers out and serving the Lord when they could be doing anything with their lives. I love each of them and have made some pretty great friends :) 

It's not just fun and games though right? ;) No it's not. It's tough sometimes but I see no point focusing on the negative of anything, it only makes it worse. I have been feeling a little bit on the sickly side this week though and I can see it effecting our work. I just keep praying I get feeling a bit better! :) It's not too bad though. 

So the other sisters moved out of our apartment :( it was a sad day but it will be good because now they're smack dab in the middle of their area. Now I get to learn how to get along with just one person in the apartment. It definitely is an adjustment. Sister Stock... well let's just say that I am learning a lot from her ;) She really is great.  She is so loving and tells everyone we meet that she loves them, (even if we have just met them). She also has a great spirit about her. She definitely feels the spirit different than anyone I have ever met and it has taken me some getting used to, but I am learning. She definitely has centered in on that spirit and has utilized it in her missionary work which is amazing. We have had some good talks about how we can work better together. She tends to rail side me in lessons. Which is kind of funny because we went teaching with a younger couple in the ward, he just got back from his mission a few months ago and he told me as he drove us home, "Sister Decker, I had a companion like Sister Stock once." ... he just left it at that. Haha. I guess he thought it might be of comfort to me to know that he understood how I was feeling. I'm definitely learning humility, patience, charity, basically everything I have been praying for. Haha! Sister Leifson and I have decided that we have to be careful what we pray for out here on our missions because God answers our prayers. 

The ward here has really stepped up here in the last week, and all it took was for us to get up and ask the sisters in relief society to help us. We had a younger couple come and help us yesterday to teach our investigators another younger couple. The lesson was amazing! I truly have a testimony that members can make all of the difference. We weren't sure if this young couple, Jessica and Justin, were interested but after that lesson I know that they are and I am excited to see what the future has in store for them. They are expecting a baby within the next couple months so it truly is an opportune time to share the gospel with them.

I'm learning that I know spanish more than I thought I did. :) It's funny how that happens when you suddenly have to take over. Talking on the phone is the worst but, it's getting better and I love learning the language. I just wish it would come faster :)

We had the amazing opportunity to hear from our beloved apostle Elder Christofferson on Saturday! It was amazing! We had to leave early in the morning around 5:45 to get to Birmingham on time, but it was definitely worth it. He talked a lot about working with the Members and the Ward council and how it really is up to them to take over :) Which is definitely true. The member missionaries do more than we could ever do! His wife taught us about 2 kings 4:1-7 and how the Lord is able to fill our vessels, but we have to trust him. He will make our little pot of oil, able to fill every vessel that we have. That's the joy of the Atonement :) Elder Christofferson added that God has so much that he wants to give to us! We need to prepare ourselves and be worthy enough to accept all of that "oil" that he can give to us. They of course said it much more eloquently than I ever could but, there ya go :) 

I appreciate all of you prayers and your love! I can fell it everyday :) There is no way I could do this without all of the support from my amazing family and friends. I hope ya'll know that I pray for you everyday as well. 

Con todo de mi amor! Les Amo muchisimo!!!!!! Que les vaya bien :D
- Hermana Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment