Monday, May 6, 2013

Hola

Buenos Dias!!!
I get to talk with y'all next week!!!!!! I'm so excited :D Presidente Lopez (our branch president) said that we could come over next week after church to skype at his house, so it will probably be around 2ish our time so 12ish your time.... I hope that doesn't interfere with church and stuff.. But I'm sure he will let us do it whenever we want to. Cant wait to see your beautiful faces :D
So this week has been hectic to say the least! This whole Sister training Leader thing is a lot of work! Who would've thought. So we got two new Temple Square sisters in the mission and they were going to be in our zone so president wanted us to come down to Birmingham to transfers to come get them and their companions. We weren't supposed to go to tranfers but we ended up taking the long trip down there Wednesday morning. The temple square sisters weren't getting there till later so we had to pick up their brand new companions and get them all set and ready to go and then we got to go to the mission home to have lunch with the departing missionaries while we waited for the Temple Square missionaries, which was great. Love free food! It's so sad to see missionaries go home though :( kind of like a bitter sweet thing because you know they get to go see their family and friends. I love the departing missionaries though because they have grown so much and you can just see it in their faces. Anywho, so we were down there pretty much all day and then we had to drive both of those companionships back home, one set living all the way up basically in Tennessee so we didn't get back home till about 10 that night. It was a long day...
Then we had Mission Leadership Council down in Birmingham on Friday so we got to make another trip! Apparently we were one of the first "mission Leadership Councils" in the world!! Pretty cool. President Holzapfel is AMAZING!!!!!! I love him so much and his wife as well. They work so hard and we can feel their love. We got a lot of good training from him. It's good to get chastized every now and then :) I always leave his meetings feeling a lot more motivated! This calling has made me realize I have so much to work on! Anywho, we were there pretty much all Friday and then we went on an exchange with the other Spanish Sisters in our area. Did I mention we have 6 missionaries working in our little branch! Bet you didn't know there were that many spanish people down here did ya ;) One of the Elders is Elder Decker! (Which reminds me.. Padres, could you send me a good family history chart? We are determined to find out if we are related! ) We are all in the same district which means we get to hold our District meetings in Spanish! Pretty exciting stuff.
I love the exchanges! I learn something new about myself and missionary work every time I am with these amazing Sisters! I love them all so much! I didn't realize I could love them more than I already do. I got to go with Hermana Beck (shes a trainee) and shes great :) She made me Banana pancakes for breakfast and we got to go to the Ghetto and hula hoop and we saw a sweet car with "SWAGILLAC" on the back :) I love the black people ;) I have really tried to focus on what I can do to help this work move forward here, to help the sisters, and I'm trying to gain more Christlike attributes. This calling has made me realize that I have a lot to work on and it has helped me to focus more on being exactly obedient and working smarter and harder.
Our investigators here are great! They aren't progressing as much as we would like but we just keep thinking of ways we can help.I love the Spanish people! And I love that I get to learn their language and actually speak with them! We recontacted a past investigator named Maricruz. She has been tought a lot! She knows a lot of the past Hermanas that have been here in Huntsville. She basically knows everything she won't commit to baptism! She has been to church a lot and we asked her all of the Baptisimal questions and she answered them all correct! We told her that and she said that she just wants to be sure because she doesn't want to fall away when she commits to something... I'm not quite sure what she needs, but hopefully the Lord will help us figure out what to do.
We have zone training on Tuesday and Hermana Hazelgren and I get to train in our zone and the Madison zone. We'll see how that goes... Working with all these sisters I have realized more the importance of the work we are doing. That probably sounds strange but it's true. We aren't just here to help our investigators, our purpose states to "invite ALL to come unto christ". That includes the members, less actives, the missionaries, our companions, EVERYBODY. Even these cute sisters here :) I love 'em :D
 I love being able to serve here in Huntsville. The branch is great and they are all so loving and welcoming. They are few, but the few are faithful and have strong testimonies. They could probably use a bit of excitement to get them excited for missionary work. We are trying to think of ways to do that and have thought of maybe a missionary activity and they could definitely use some baptisms here :) we hope that we can bring a few this transfer. I have been praying and praying that we can. With 6 of us missionaries all working in the same branch, I have strong faith that it can happen. If we ever actually get to work in our area ;) I swear we are in the car for half of our week!
Congrats to my little Ejilah!!! I'm so excited for him and his baptism :) I want to see pictures! Give him a big kiss and hug for me! And Colbster! I heard you got your drivers permit! That's a bit scary thinking you will be on the road ;) LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!! Can't wait to talk to y'all!
Les Amo MUCHISIMO!!!!!!
Con Amor, Masey

No comments:

Post a Comment