Monday, April 22, 2013

Greetings from HUNTSVILLE!

Hola!!!
So to say this week has been a crazy week would be a complete understatement. This week has been beyond crazy. As you can probably tell from the subject of this email I have been mid transfer transferred to Huntsville Alabama! I didn't do anything wrong, I promise :) I don't know if you heard but it's kind of a big deal out here in the mission field, they have a new sister leadership position. Basically they are sister zone leaders (that's what president said they are, but you will never hear them called that). I have officially been called to the position... So now I'm here in Huntsville with sister Hazelgren! We are in charge of the Huntsville and Madison zone. What we do is we go to the now named "mission leadership council" (previously known as Zone Leader council) and we help train the missionaries but our main focus is going on exchanges with the sisters in our zone. President said that we are the first ones called in the whole church! as every other mission seems to be waiting until the actual transfer to call their sisters. It definitely has been a very humbling experience.
Like I said before I am with Sister Hazelgren and she is great! She is so full of energy and loving and she has only been here for about 10 weeks. But she has been called as a leader as well! They put us together like they put zone leaders together, with a missionary that is well seasoned as well... But we only have so many sisters here :) So, I get to finish her training and we get to be in charge of these 2 zones. Bah! it's so crazy, but so exciting! It is an exciting time in the church especially for the woman. Did you notice that a sister prayed in General Conference for the first time ever? And we were on the phone as leaders with Tracy Watson (head of church proselyting) and he said that a big change is about to come forth. There will be a big announcement June 23rd that will change 200 years of missionary work... That is a little bit intimidating.
I knew the calling was being made, but I just thought, "That stinks for the sisters who get called to that position." And here I am. But I am so excited to get to learn from all of these sisters! I only hope I can help them as well :) We met with president on Wednesday and he personally gave each of us Sister Training Leaders (that's the official name) a personal blessing. It was so powerful! We really have no idea what we are doing, but we are going to work as hard as we can to do the best we can. President said to not worry about making mistakes because that is how we learn. I am grateful for that because I am sure we will make a few :)
I was so sad to leave our little Spanish group in montgomery though :( We had finally just gotten our feet on the ground and ready to run. Sister Child is now with another brand new sister so she was scared out of her mind, but they will do so good! nothing like being thrown into the thick of things to help you learn spanish :) I can't wait to hear that their group has turned into a branch. We still have our baptismal date with paulina! So that is so exciting! We moved her date up to the 4th and I'm almost positive she will go through with it. There are some great members down there who have helped tremendously!
We just changed this morning, and we came straight to the library, so I don't even know where we live but I am so excited to work here in Huntsville in their Spanish Branch! Sister Hazelgren's mom is from Puerto Rico so she speaks really well. Hopefully I can learn a bit from her. OH! I had to give a talk yesterday in our spanish sacrament meeting! It was a bit terrifying and I know my spanish was far from perfect, but I talked on Tithing and I thought it went as well as it could have :) 15 minutes of speaking, so not too shabby.
I am so grateful for all of your prayers and love! I definitely need your prayers now more than ever. I don't feel like I am ready to be a leader in any sense of the word, but I trust in the Lord enough to know that I'm not supposed to do it on my own. It's only when we feel overwhelmed that we truly understand how much we need the Lord and then we can see him working in our life as we accomplish things we wouldn't be able to otherwise.
I love you all so much! I hope that all is well. I sent Eli a birthday package, but it might get there a little late. Tell him I love him and give him a big hug and kiss for me!! :D
Con Amor, Hermana Decker
P.S. Mom, could you send me some skirts?? Possibly some with pockets? If that's not too much to ask.
And, There is a great cd in spanish. The artist name is Marcella Gandara... I think. If you can find it could you send it to me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment