Monday, April 15, 2013

Buenos!

Hola!

So I forgot my planner in the car :( Which means I got to remember everything that went on this week... I have such a horrible memory. This week has been crazy! (Which has been pretty much every week on the mission) but it really was. On Thursday president called us early in the morning to warn us that our area was going to have considerable weather conditions for tornadoes and we needed to be safe today. We barely got done with weekly planning when they told us that our proselyting day was over and that president wanted everyone to be inside. We went over to the Astons (a senior couple in our district) because we live on a top floor and they wanted us in a bottom one. So we stayed there from about 3 till 8. The zone leaders were there too because their house would just be torn apart by a tornado. Good news is that no tornadoes came through. I think a couple did in Mississippi, but it mostly just stormed pretty bad here. President is so great, he really does have our best interest at heart. 

Yesterday we had a musical fireside! It was great! Sister Kim put it all together and had us help make some videos and such. I sang in the ward choir and we had a lot of solo songs as well. We had a pretty good show up, about 120 people. President and his wife came and got a few pictures, so I'm sure they will be up on the blog ASAP. 

We have been working almost pure spanish now! We have found out where most of them live and have been trying to focus on those areas. It's great! I absolutely adore the spanish people and wish I could just be immersed in their culture. I still struggle with my spanish but I know enough to at least teach a lesson and carry a conversation. Pretty good considering I have been in an english area for the past 5 months. Sister Child doesn't know how lucky she is to teach almost only spanish people. We still are in the ward so we help out with the members and the Less actives, but the majority of our investigators are hispanic. We had fast and testimony meeting yesterday with our spanish group, and I don't know what it is, but the testimonies of our hispanic members, brings such a strong spirit and at least for me, I feel it so much stronger. Maybe it's because they are all converts and have to be so strong because there is only so many of them. The active latinos, are very active and very strong. We just started a temple prep class for them with a lady in our ward who speaks spanish and we are working on getting them to the temple. We need strong members if we are going to transform this group into a branch. 

One of our investigators came to church Sunday!!!!!! Her name is Paulina (i mentioned her last time) and she is so excited to get baptized. She doesn't know a lot about God or the gospel, but that can be easily taught :) She keeps asking us and mentioning her baptism, so we are so excited for her. We are holding out for May 11th, because she has to come to church 3 times before she can get baptized (mission rules). We have a new group leader. He is from the high council, Hermano Toronto. He is a fire ball! We are so excited for him to be in charge. He really is going to help to move this work forward. After the meeting on Sunday he pulled sister Child and I aside and told us that during the meeting he had a distinct impression that we were going to help move this group into a branch. He said there is something special about us sisters and we are needed here at this time. The spirit was so strong when he told us that and I just hope that I'm not transferred out so I can help out this group! I love all of the members so much! Carmina, one of the members from Vera Cruz, has been coming out on team ups with us to help us teach. She came out to help us with Paulina and she is exactly what Paulina needs. She is such a strong woman! She will be an excellent relief society president some day :) Her favorite phrase is, "Que Padre!" :) I love her!

Bishop read a book last night at the fireside, "The touch of the Masters Hand". I have heard of the book but I have never read it. For some reason the story touched me a lot more than I thought it would. I think it's because I can relate a lot with the violin in the story. If you haven't read it, I would recommend getting it. The Lord and his atonement, really does help us to be so much more than we are. Without him, we are nothing. That is so vital to understand as a missionary. We CANNOT do this work without his help, because it is HIS work. 

Well, I hope I remembered everything. I love you all SOOOOO Much!!!!!!! Thank you for all of your support and prayers :) 

Con Amor, Hermana Masey Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment