Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Como le va familia???

This week has been slightly boring so I have been trying to think of things to tell ya'll. It will probably be all jumbled together and not make a whole lot of sense one because I don't have a lot to talk about, and two I only have 20 minutes and I'm trying to save a bout 5 minutes at the end to see if I can sent pictures on this new thing they have. Anywho, we are now on our 7th teacher. We think we are scaring them all away or something because they just keep leaving us. Apparently are new teacher Hermano Roxas had a scheduling conflict so he will no longer be our teacher.
I heard the BYU football game from our residence the other day. We can ALMOST see the score board and it's kind of frustrating because if we were about one room over we would be able to see it. I would probably just sit there and watch the score change the whole night. I guess it's good that we can't because I should be focusing on more important things, right ;) But we did here they won, we asked people from the outside world to keep us up to date on all that stuff.
We had Teaching Resource Center this week as we do every Thursday. I can't remember if I told ya'll what that is, but it's where we teach volunteers who know spanish. This week we had this sweet old lady, Hermana Raiz. Our lesson was not amazing, but she told us an amazing conversion story and the spirit was so strong in that room. She was amazing and I felt that I didn't really need to say anything after that.
We watched a video on Parley P Pratt this week. Did you know how amazing he was? I didn't realize how awesome of a missionary he was. He called the Book of Mormon, "The book of books." and had such a strong testimony of it. He read it all day and all night without stopping and right then and there he was converted to the gospel. He was a missionary for the rest of his life and was even killed while he was serving the lord. You should definitely read the story of him if you haven't heard it.
We had a member of the 70 come and teach us yesterday. His name was Elder Kopischke and his wife spoke to us as well. They are a german couple and his wife was amazing and hilarious. She is still learning english so she does not know all of the english words she wanted to say. She didn't really say anything really profound, but she bore her testimony with such love and such enthusiasm that it didn't really matter what she was saying. We could all feel her love and it gave me hope in that I won't always know the right words, nor will I be able to say things that are so profound, but if I teach with the same love and enthusiasm that she did, my investigators will feel that.
We have been trying to do SYL (speak your language) every day for at least one hour as a district and it is actually a lot of fun. We can only speak spanish for that hour or two and we have cards that are kind of like our points. If were caught speaking in english, that person gets to take your card. It has helped a lot because you have to learn how to say what you want even if you don't know the word. I am trying to speak spanish as much as I can, mostly I just speak a lot of spanglish.
I am learning how to teach well with my companion. Sometimes it is so hard because I know a lot more spanish then my companion does, but i have had to learn to humble myself and step back and let her say the things she needs to in the lesson. I just pray that the spirit guides her as we are teaching. We have had to learn to yield to each other a lot better. I have also had a lot more teaching classes than her, (well obviously since that's my whole major) and so sometimes she doesn't know how to flow things well together. Suffice it to say, we are learning a lot from eachother. That may have came off concieded but that was not my intention at all. I really am learning to be more humble and patient as the days go by and I hope that I continue to become more christlike everyday. There is still so much to learn!!!
I love you all and it sounds like things are back to normal at home. Tell Colby and Eli that I wish I could come watch their games. Tell Serph that I hope he has an awesome season this year. Tell Brooky that I will write her back ASAP. Tell Eli to behave ;) Tell Sheky that I hope cheerleading and school are going well. Tell Kate that I hope she is enjoying cheerleading and I think she would be the craziest cheerleader out there ;)
I love you all and miss you so much. Can't wait to hear all of your stories! Thank your for the letters and I love you all so much!!! Les Quiero!!!
-Hermana Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment