Monday, February 17, 2014

The best 1 1/2 years... So far :)

"For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:6-7

I have a boat load of stories to share with y'all but president always says to save war stories till after the mission ;) so i'll tell y'all when I see you. Just kidding mom, there are no war stories. Just a basic run down of the week. We had 2 snow days so we walked around in the snow again. We made a snow man... Or snow missionary. We named her Hermana Nieve and put a Mormon.org card in her hand :) the elders walked by the second day and said she had been martyred. We put the Mormon.org card as her tomb stone. And a Milagro happened!! (that's miracle for you gringos). We have been praying and fasting and working our tails off all transfer for the branch. We really want them to be more involved in the missionary efforts and more moving forward than staying where they are and on Tuesday, president lee called us for the first time ever and asked us about our investigators and how he is going to have the branch pray for them. The church is true! I can testify to what grandpa said. Miracles happen everyday, we just have to look for them. 

I love you all! I am so sad to leave here and all of the amazing people I have met, but I am so excited to see my beautiful family:) I hope when I return you see a better daughter/sister/friend. I can honestly say this year and a half has changed me forever and I am more converted than ever. The biggest convert on my mission has been myself. see you all soon!

Love, Hermana decker

No comments:

Post a Comment