Monday, July 1, 2013

I love mi Familia! :)

Buenas Tardes :)

Thank you so much for all of the pictures mom :) They definitely brought some light to this week. The kids are getting so dang big! It's crazy! It's good to see that everyone is in good working order :) And Brayden, you look so tan in your pictures! I guess that happens when you are walking outside in the Mexico heat though. 

Not going to lie, this week has been pretty rough. I'm not quite sure what it is but I have just felt weighed down this week. And what makes it more frustrating is the fact that I know it's all based on my attitude but I'm not doing anything to change it or don't quite know how to. Our investigators are just falling through our fingers and I can't think of how to help them. We have no baptismal dates set and when we think we find someone they just come right out and say that they aren't interested in becoming Mormon. Which is bitter sweet, because I would rather someone come right out and tell me they aren't interested than having us come back time after time without keeping commitments. But sometimes I just want to shake them and say "Why aren't you getting this?!" "Can't you feel it?!" :) That darn agency is just frustrating sometimes.

I love being a sister training leader! I love working with the sisters and I love their examples to me and the love that I feel for them. They all have great testimonies and I love being able to help them become better. I love my companion! She is the best and almost always has a fun loving attitude. We have some good times. We play "pt cruiser bruiser" and "slug bug" in the car all of the time and I'm pretty sure I'm forming a bruise from all of the times she has hit me :) Exchanges are a blessing. It is a fresh of breath air when I can go on an exchange with a sister who has been out here a long time. I like not being in charge all of the time and have to be the one with the good attitude about everything...(which I should have all the time anyway), but! being the one getting everyone excited for everything, get's a bit tiring sometimes. I did an experiment this week and pretty much, if I don't initiate things in our companionship, they won't get done. Even just little things like getting out of the car. I feel like I'm not living up to everybody's expectations including my own. I just want to be the best missionary I can be and help save people. It's frustrating to have so many weaknesses!

None the less! I am complaining and only thinking about myself! And I'm sure none of you want to hear that ;) I have been praying and praying that I can just forget myself and get to work! Which has been helping. I don't know what I would do without my beloved brother Jesus :) We do have the greatest old white man that we found and are helping to teach. We call him Grandpa Bob (Bob is really his name) and he is the coolest old man you will ever meet (besides my real Grandpa of course ;) ) We had a lesson with the Elders in the English ward he is in and he pretty much said he'll be baptized as soon as he gets to church! He has been asking and asking what he needs to do to be baptized. He just has to give up his smoking, coffee and tea and he's pretty much ready to go! :) And he's working on that. So, big hopes for crazy Bob.

As for our Branch, I think we may start to see baptisms soon. We fasted and prayed yesterday to help us know how many baptisms we should set as our goal for this transfer and came up with three. That very day (yesterday) one of the members came with her daughter and President Lopez said we should get her in the water :) She has some kind of Autism or something and is about 30 years old, but he says he thinks her mind is at least at the age of accountability so we are going to work with her. 

We have a new mission president! I was so so SO sad to have President and Sister Holzapfel leave. I love them so much and they definitely have made a big impact on not only our mission, but my life as well. I may have shed a few tears ;) But we are SO excited to have president Hanks here! We get to meet him on Wednesday!

Just keeping the faith, thinking of y'all, and loving Heavenly Father and Jesus and this amazing work! I miss each and everyone of you and my prayers are always with you! Los Queremos!

Love, Hermana Masey Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment