Monday, June 10, 2013

Biking, Eating, and Preaching

Hola hola!

I just want to thank everyone for the support and love! It means more to me than you even know. I feel your prayers every day and I could not do it without you!! :) Gracias!!! This week has been so great! Our numbers weren't the best, but I think that we fulfilled our purpose none-the-less. We have fun along the way too.

We did our monthly zone training on Tuesday and that was so so so great! I just absolutely love the Zone Leaders that we work with. They are such good missionaries and inspired missionaries. Many of the Huntsville zone told us that the training was one of the best trainings that they have ever had. It was so spiritual and I think it really helped to rejuvenate the missionaries and their faith. We really tried to focus on their relationship with Jesus Christ and how that is really the basis of everything. I think too many of us out here on the mission forget that. We're out here to serve in the LORD'S vineyard. We need to rely on him. We got some great missionaries who have really strong testimonies. We had a little part where we bore our testimonies and you could just feel that power in that room. I hope to be as great of a spiritual giant as some of these missionaries out here who are about to go home. I can already so such a change in myself I just hope it continues. 

We got to go the the temple this week! It is such a blessing to have the opportunity to have a temple so close that we can go to quarter annually. I love just being able to get away from everything and all of the worries and receive some revelation. I try to work on a Christ like attribute every week and I have gone over some points pretty hard, like: diligence, humility, charity, faith. But I have skipped over some. One of those being patience. I guess I just thought I was a pretty patient person.. (and humble to i guess ;) ) anyways, I've come to realize that I need to work on patience. It's not just being able to wait, but being patient through adversity, with other people, and mostly myself. It was kind of a break through I guess because I have trying to figure out what I am lacking. 

So guess what! I am staying in Huntsville for another transfer with Hermana Hazelgren as Sister Training Leader!! Woot! I'm pretty excited :) I just think I am so blessed especially considering that there are only 3 spanish branches on the mission and hundreds of missionaries, and I get to be in one. Pretty darned blessed :) We have SO many missionaries coming this transfer! It's so crazy because there are so many new missionaries! And we are expected to take care of all of the sisters... It's quite a big task. I am the oldest in the two zones that we cover if you don't count the temple square missionaries who aren't used to a proselyting mission. Hermana Palmer who is older than me, is leaving this transfer. I'm kind of hoping they send us some older sisters ;) I LOVE the new sisters but I love not being in charge sometimes too and it's a treat when I get to go on an exchange with a sister who has been here longer than I have.

We had TWO investigators at church yesterday!!!!!!!! my patience payed off ;D I was totes excited (as brooky would say). One of them is named Alejandra and she has been taught pretty much all of the lessons, but hasn't been to church, but we finally got her! She just has to come 2 more times and she works every other Sunday.. And she needs to get married (like every other Mexican here!!!). The other was Julia and she has the cutest 2 little kids ever. She's hard to read, but I hope she enjoyed it.

I just love all of the little hispanic children! Whenever we see a little animal, Hermana Hazelgren always says, "Can we keep it?". Whenever I see a little hispanic child I say "can we keep it?!". Hermana Hazelgren reminds me that would be kidnapping ;) But I just love them. I wish we could just work with the kids all day.

I am excited for this next transfer! There is a lot to do and I hope that I can do it better next transfer than I did this transfer. Live and learn I guess you could say :) That's what the Atonement is for, isn't it? I absolutely love all of the sisters here and for all of the things they have taught me thus far and I hope that I have left some good with them as well and blessed their lives as they have mine. It is an adventure here on the mission :) I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Love you all!!! Thank you for everything!!!!!! Miss you!!!!!!!! 

Blessings and Love, 
Hermana Masey Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment