Monday, November 19, 2012

Buenos Dias!

Hola!!

Como Estan? Spreading the gospel here each and every day! It's great! We have practically no more miles on our car for the month because... well I don't know, our area is too big I guess, so we have been riding our bikes a lot. I absolutely love it, but my companion on the other hand, is not to happy about it. At one point this week I was in front of her and we were going up this hill, before I knew it I was at the next stop light and my companion was no where in sight... woops. She's a little bit slower on the bicycle, but she did show up about 3 minutes later. The rule is as long as were in sight of each other on bikes, there is no need for being in sound of each other. So whenever she get's mad at me for going to fast, I just say, "Well you could see me right?" I better have some ripped calves by the time I get home since I run every morning and bike everywhere now.

This week has been an interesting week. That's one thing I've got to say, the mission is hardly ever dull. We taught a lady this week the Restoration and while talking with some of the members later about it, we discovered that the lady is a member... you would think she would tell us something like that. She has been going to another church though, so I guess it was a good reminder. She was spanish (Woot a spanish speaker!) and she told my companion that I was very strong for trying to learn Spanish. It's funny how they never direct those comments to me. They think I won't understand I guess. While riding our bikes Sister Intriago told me to go talk to this scary black girl walking down the street. I rode by and said hi to which she just gave me a blank stare and so I'm thinking, okay nice talking to you. But Sister Intriago is a great missionary and keeps talking to her. We ended up getting an appointment with her at McDonalds and we have taught her 2 lessons so far. She's a little bit scary. She's not a Devil worshiper but she thinks God has some different motive besides love and has no desire to find the "happiness" of our message, she just wants the truth. She keeps reading the Book of Mormon so we keep teaching her, but we may end up dropping her tonight if she has some crazy questions again. Our spanish speaking family is finally pulling through with something. The son Jose Luis has his baptism interview with the Mission President this Friday! Yay! Due to different circumstances we can't make a set date with him yet, but hopefully it will be soon. We had District meeting on Wednesday this week. Our District is great, I love them all. Our district leader, Elder Jensen made us a Cheesecake for afterwards and it was somewhat... gross, but we ate it anyway and told him it was delicious ;) I found out that one of the rules is that the Sisters aren't allowed to cook or bake anything for the Elders. I guess it just goes with that saying, the quickest way to a mans heart is through his stomach, so they don't want the Elders falling in love with us ;) 

I'm getting better at just speaking spanish even if I know it isn't correct. I teach more of the lessons now, but sometimes they just stare at me and then look at my companion for translation on what I am trying to say :) Oh well, It's helping me learn right. Sometimes I know I say things terribly wrong because they just laugh at me, but it's no big deal. Oh! We help teach the English class right? Every wednesday, and this Wednesday one of the regular guys who shows up didn't. Later during the night we receive a text and tells us that he is in love with my companion and cannot come because he knows it is wrong (especially since he's married). What! It was actually kind of funny at first, but we had to be serious with him. We just explained why we are here and that he needs to work things out with his wife. He can come next week because my companion is leaving me :( Yup, I am receiving a new trainer this Wednesday as Sister Intriago heads back to temple square. I get to stay in Florence and my new trainer will be coming here, so it's a little bit intimidating because I have to know the area and who to go see and what not, but I am sure I can figure it out... 

Last Friday we received a referral from Salt Lake. Some Sisters from Temple square have been talking to this guy Will who is a student, first semester, here at Florence. We made an appointment with him on Saturday and he is so ready to accept the Gospel! He is great! He is just a big nerdy kid from Tuscaloosa Alabama and got interested in the Church when he came to School. After we taught him the first lesson he said, "I don't know about ya'll but the whole time you were teaching that lesson, I just wanted to cry." He felt the spirit so strong, and he accepted the baptismal date for December 15th and I am pretty sure this one will actually pull through. He came to Stake Conference all the way in Tupelo Mississippi for crying out loud! He's ready. I'm excited for him.

Thanksgiving should be interesting. I am not looking forward to tract that day, but we do have one dinner set up for 1 o'clock. Hopefully more members invite us over so we don't have to interrupt other peoples dinners. But hey, were bringing people salvation right? ;) 

The missionaries here are amazing. I got to go with Sister Albright one day this week to help with her area and we get along great. She's a little bit like me in that sometimes we are a bit to sarcastic for our own good and Sister Intriago has a hard time understanding that I am just kidding when I say things to Sister Albright, or anyone for that matter. So I am definitely learning to be a bit more careful about what I say to people. The ward here is Amazing as well. We have some great families, I just love them all. Words cannot describe how much I have learned already being here nor how much love you can have for someone you hardly even know until you experience it yourself.

So much to tell you all! I just wish I could take you all with me so ya'll could see the miracles and craziness that goes on her in Florence Alabama. 
Les Quiero Mucho! And Happy Thanksgiving!

Love, Hermana Decker




NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment